Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Exploring New Avenues

Excitement is everything! Excitement inspires new things, creates new things, and is the driving force of creativity! Today I'm quite happy that I'm starting this blog and just putting my thoughts and my own excitement out there. I've been hesitant about it for no real reason, but hey life is short, might as well share what you have and who you are :)

Yesterday my boyfriend took me to Michaels Crafts Store to buy my very first art set! I've been lurking around websites and admiring everybody's hard works of art that I decided to just get my hands dirty and try it out.

I decided to go for acrylics as my medium. I chose beginner or "academic" paints that didn't cost as much as the professional ones. I didn't want to go all out in the beginning because I'm not even sure if I'll be good at it. (Here's hoping!)

So I chose a tub of assorted paint tubes, 2 sets of different brushes, a set of plastic knives, and a pack of canvas panels. :) Very very exciting.


I was so excited that I started painting right when we got back from the store! So here's my first try at Acrylics!



I named it: 99-98 Balloons Go By :)
Next time I'm going to try to add way more paint so that the canvas isn't so visible.

Cheers to exploring new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment